Wednesday, September 28, 2011

From Ken Cressey







In my own opinion
To the people of Ontario and Quebec, Jeanine and I while she was still alive gathered proof and evidence of the events that took place at snow road station North Frontenac.
As I have to sit and write about the events and deal with the Government of Ontario it has been the hardest thing in my life that I have ever had to do. I have never posted a picture of myself or Jeanine or have ever discussed my life or hers with the public in any forum. I have been constantly redirected back to the Ministry of Natural Resources with what had happened to us at snow road.
I first called the Ministry of the Environment in Kingston on two separate occasions with not even a reply. It took a letter to Dalton McGuinty to have anything started and he also echoed the environmental values we as Ontarians have. He then sent the file to the MNR. to the Honourable Linda Jeffery's. I had asked that the file not be sent to the MNR since they was where we started with our complaints. They did nothing but to say the site was acceptable to them.
After when they viewed the videos showing the dust we were subject to they felt only a warning was required. Total nonsense! I spoke to two officers six months later at the site and was told by the officer from the Ministry of the Environment that this should never have happened. He told me the gravel pit owner had no authorization to crush on this site because of the proximity to the homes, he further said that the gravel pit owner would never be allowed to crush on this site. Not to long ago I received a phone call from some friends there telling me they were crushing on the site, and now had trucks using dust suppressants to control the dust. My wife had to die just so this could happen.
I have wrote letters and letters to all levels of the Government including the Federal Government. I have received condolences from all of them for my wife but in any event it doesn't change what happened. My biggest question is why would anyone ignore there responsibilities ?

The Township of North Frontenac did absolutely nothing in our right to a healthy environment. They also showed there total disregard towards human life, in the help they provided in there services. We discussed what was going on with one of the councilman, we objected to the selling of a right of way and asked for an environmental assessment where the Mayor called and told us we were denied and that he had talked to there lawyers.

In august when they installed the crusher in front of our home we called the Township and asked for a bylaw officer to come. I was speaking with someone named Tammy and she refused in any capacity to help, except to say that the Company could do what ever they wanted to and their was nothing we could do. I was standing in the doorway and I could hardly hear her talk from the noise of the crusher. I talked to her for forty five minutes but it was useless.

When Jeanine was laying their dying and needing help I got a full understanding of the Township of North Frontenac. When she needed help they sent me one single fireman that took fifteen minutes or so and it took 45 minutes for the paramedics to arrive. Our fire hall was two minutes away and our paramedics were 10 min. away. They called paramedics from another township.

The Gravel Pit Owner failed to follow the Licence of the Aggregate Resources Act. and the Environmental Protection Act. I think the biggest insult to Jeanine and me is the fact that the owner himself came to our home and assured us he would mitigate the dust with calcium or water. He shook our hands on that, and in my view a handshake is your word nothing less. From the time that they started working at the site till they stopped they never once used any dust control measures. They could have cared less about any home owners. The noise from the crusher was maddening, I once tried to sleep in the cold room in the basement trying to find a place where it was quiet, that was to no avail. We had to keep our windows closed all the time when they were there. We slept with ear plugs in our own home but nothing worked.


I have been posting some of the letters I have but not all.  I will be updating the files as much as I can. The letters are copies or scans of the original letters or photos.

I thank all the people who have read and shared a part of Jeanine's and my experience.


A note: I can not prove that the dust from the site caused the death of my wife, but I can show the events that we were forced to live in leading up to her death. Without an autopsy I can not say what was her cause of death,  no one really knows what was the cause of death. What I do know is in the previous year no one worked on the site and Jeanine and I were fine, but when they came in and worked on the site in the following year what we had to live through no one should. In our agony at night we asked each other why would someone do this to us? Why? A further note : as of Sept /16 I Ken Cressey have now been diagnosed with Lung cancer and have had the removal of 1/3 rd. of my left lung. Crystalline silica was found in the biopsy. I now wait for my death. In September and November of 2017 I laid to rest our two loving cats one was diagnosed with lung cancer.



She just wanted to Live and grow old with me as I wanted the same. It now appears that under the Dalton McGuinty government growing old in Ontario is just a dream. The Ministry in charge of these operations have shown me just what contempt they have for the people of this province. My Dear Wife suffered and died for what?
I have put many of the emails, Photos, and videos for every one to see.


I have asked the OPP concerning the actions that had happened and there is a provincial statue that comes into play.

The one thing I do know is the amount of lies that I have heard, is this what a persons life is worth. To put anyone through this type of needless pain and suffering in your own home, I just can't believe this she was a HUMAN BEING. We have laws about second hand smoke, noise etc. I mean this is unbelievable. If you knew Jeanine of all people she would not lie not for anyone. She would not even call me in sick for work when I wanted to play hooky. She was adamit about lying. This is an example of Jeanine and it is true; the loader operator dumped a bucket of stone, and the dust blew in her face. I knew what was going to happen she was going to cough, I went down the street in a rage, she was behind me saying calm down their just doing their job lets go home,  she coughed all night. That is Jeanine.

There will never be Justice in this, Jeanine and I,  were just problems that were in the way it never mattered about our lives or our rights.


I received this letter from Minister Gravelle I accept the thoughts about my late wife and thank him for that comment. I however do not except the remainder of the letter.

I did a lot of work gaining information on this place. I spoke to... the Original owners daughter of the home we purchased. I spoke to and have on tape the person who sold the property.
The land was zoned residential, located in a hamlet.(by law no pits or quarries in a hamlet) I never had a meeting with the MOE and the operator, that is a lie.I had a meeting with the Gravel Pit Owner Mr. Wilbur Crane with my wife where we were given assurances about mitigating the noise and dust. He did not do a thing about mitigation. I have zoning maps from the township showing the property as residential. I had meetings with the Township planner. Took it seriously I don’t think so. All evidence suppressed by prosecutor turned defence attorney. I have the transcript of the trial.  Why is a councilor who is a relative bringing motions forward in council on issues affecting this site not abstaining. Somebody did not do their homework.

May 17, 2012

MNR4825MC-2012-920

Thank you for sharing your experience with an aggregate operation across from your home.

Please accept my heartfelt sympathies on the passing of your wife. Your love and admiration for your wife are evident in your writing. The loss of a loved one is difficult.

I assure you that ministry staff took your concerns seriously. I understand that they responded to you on multiple occasions regarding this aggregate site and that they also met with you, staff from the Ministry of the Environment and the operator at the site to attempt to resolve your concerns.

As a direct result of your expressed concerns, Crain’s Construction was prosecuted for operating a pit not in accordance with its licence conditions. On October 27, 2011, Wilburt Crain entered a plea of guilty on behalf of Crain’s Construction and was fined.

With regard to the licensing of the property in 2007, the aggregate operator met all requirements of section 71 of the Aggregate Resources Act and the local municipality confirmed that the site complied with all relevant zoning bylaws.

We are open to new approaches to regulating the aggregate industry that protect the rights and interests of all Ontarians. You may be interested to know that on March 22, 2012, all parties of the Ontario Legislature agreed to have the Standing Committee on General Government review the Aggregate Resources Act. Once the committee begins its review, you can follow its activities online, including any invitation for public input, on the Legislative Assembly of Ontario’s website. Go to www.ontla.on.ca
















I encourage you to share your experience with the Committee.

Again, thank you for writing. Please accept my best wishes.

Sincerely,

Original signed by

Michael Gravelle

Minister of Natural Resources
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Regards to the Ministers letter I am waiting for the Committee to state the location for where the meetings will be held. I am awaiting there decision so I can state on the Record as to what took place at Snow Road Station, North Frontenac, Ontario and the parties involved.

I did attend The Aggregate Review Comittee in Orangeville and I did have my say. The only problem is I couldnt say just how many lying cowards are involved and who they are but I will and soon.
To the people in Orangeville who were so kind and thoughtful to me I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I was met by such very nice people and was made to feel very comfortable at the meeting. I know it was a long meeting and was informative, I was looking forward to Donna nailing the last speaker with a chair but you cant have evrything. Again my thanks you are all very kind and Dear.
Some important Facts
Before Jeanine died.
1) Jeanine and I were never told of the Existence of this Gravel Pit by the Realtor.(Never Proven)
2) Jeanine and I filed a complaint with the Township where they spoke to the MNR. MNR said site was acceptable NOTIFIED THE OWNER OF DEFICIENCIES.(Documented)
3) Jeanine and I asked the MNR for a site plan there has been no site plan submitted as of Jan 2012 licence was issued in 2007.(Documented)
4) Jeanine and I complained to Township of Dust and Noise. Stated we had issues with Crain Construction that were not resolved and asked for Environmental Assessment for our Quality Of Life.  DENIED. (Documented)
5) Jeanine and I spoke DIRECTLY TO MR. WILBURT CRANE about NOISE and DUST assured us he would mitigate dust with calcium and water. NOT ONCE WERE ANY MEASURES TAKEN.(Verbal + Affidavit ?)
6) Jeanine started having respiratory problems related to dust. (Documented)

7) Jeanine advised to move from home respiratory distress.(Documented)
8) Called Township on August 6 2009 about crusher and dust REFUSED TO DO ANYTHING.(Verbal Telephone Bill)
9) Spoke to LAWYER in Perth about events taking place  asked if there was a conflict of interest, showed picture of Jeanine's bruises advised us to sue realtor for non disclose stated Crain's was not breaking any BY LAWS. Leave him alone. (Verbal + Proof of Meeting)

10) Put Our House up FOR SALE.(Documented)
11) Spoke to Lawyer in Perth again. Jeanine getting sicker.(Verbal)
12) Appointment with Lawyer in Perth.(Documented)

13) Gone to Township paid our taxes spoke about refusal to send by-law officer TOLD THEY CANT DO THAT?(Verbal)
14) Jeanine died October 25 2009(Documented)
15) Called 911 no help for over 15 min. at least 45 min for paramedics. One single Volunteer fireman for help,  paramedics from another Township. Fireman said all Volunteers gone Hunting.          (example non life threatening in front of our home 3 volunteer fireman 2 paramedics 2 OPP officers all in 15 min. )  Jeanine life threatening 1 volunteer 2 paramedics.)
(Verbal + Documented)

16) Volunteer Fireman had left the house prior to Jeanine being removed to Hospital in Perth. Arrived at Hospital in Perth to find Volunteer Fireman talking with Coroner?(Witness)

17) Coroner states any one 5 min or further from Perth considered statistic, Not going to do an autopsy. I had not said one word about Jeanine and the events of that evening, those were the very words spoken to me when I arrived at the hospital. Told Coroner about x-rays and Jeanine coughing, that she was suffering from respiratory distress, told him we were advised to move. Coroner said he does not want to do an autopsy. (Witness)

18) I have received a report from the Ontario Coroners Office which I will post. The letter indicates what was necessary to avoid an autopsy. What is missing is all the relevant information that was told. X-rays and Jeanine coughing, that she was suffering from respiratory distress, told him we were advised to move, Jeanine was prescribed inhalers to help her breath. Again I must stress this I was told by the coroner that he did not want to do an autopsy prior to me saying anything.

I do have a witness who was there with me at the time.


I would also like to know why a volunteer fireman who left the scene prior to Jeanine being removed from the home drove to the Perth Hospital before anyone had arrived to talk to the coroner?

_________________________________________________________________________________
I have received what I have been waiting for from the Law Society it is not the outcome I had wished for but in any event it is final. Because of the information being confidential I have to remove all reference to whom it is about but I will still post the document and its outcome.


What no one knows is that Jeanine and I went to see a lawyer in Perth. When we spoke to him we asked if there may be a conflict of interest. He told us that the Realtor was at fault for failing to disclose. We showed him the evidence we had and he made an appointment for sometime in October 2009. We had told him of what was happening to Jeanine, that is why we called him. At the end of that meeting I told him I would have to go after the owner. He said leave him alone he is not breaking any by laws. As it turns out he was his buddy. There are a so many things that happened with this lawyer that I will start working on the story of his part.
I also have a document from RECO that is also in the same context and again after editing the material I will post it.

This is just an excerpt of the one statement out of the Law Society


We were told that we could not do anything till the house was sold.  Knowing what was happening to us, knowing how sick Jeanine was, saw the photographs of the bruising on her stomach and he did nothing. But he did protect his buddy. When I post the arguments that are from both sides you can decide for yourselves.

An analogy somewhat poor in its description but it makes perfect sense.

" Would you hire a thief to look after your jewelry"

In some ways this whole ordeal is just maddening, even for someone who tries to understand what is being said. There are huge gaps in the story because of different matters that have to be addressed but as soon as they are taken care of this story will be put in its true form. I am far from giving up on my late wife I have only just started. I have been speaking with a very knowledgeable and professional Lawyer.
Much Much more to come but have been busy trying to find answers related to her death ?


Anyone is welcome to leave a comment.



With all that has happened there has been no litigation in this matter. I could never afford the costs involved with such an action. Our rights our freedoms are only on paper. I never knew I had to pay for our rights.



August 26/12

I am still waiting for some investigations to conclude there is much more that will be added at that time.



October 27/12

To All that have been reading this article in a very short time I will be publishing all documents in there original form by all parties involved. There is a great deal of information since I have wrote and what is in the information is unbelievable in this day and age. From Ministries to the Coroners office it is quite remarkable how the system works.

Feb 18/13

I am pleased and honoured to say that as of today more than 11,000 people have viewed and read the story of Jeanine's Death. How that accountability by our Governments is only a false pretense of the Acts that are to ensure our safety towards the environment. The Acts as the EPA , ARA , Municipal Act and so on are designed to protect the Government not the people. It falls on us and the courts as well as the costs to ensure our rights. We the citizens pay as taxpayers to have Governments ensure our safety with these various Acts. but in the end it relies solely on the courts to make the decision. I have always believed what was in plain black and white print was the truth but only to find that all the Acts are open to interpretation and not what the Acts plainly state.

I have further had conversations with the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing (MAH) concerning the actions of the Township of North Frontenac. Why when they were fully aware of what was taking place to us did they decide to do nothing in contravention of the Municipal Act. The MAH has no ability to enforce the Act so Municipalities can do what they want with out fear of Government Action. Again I was asked about a lawyer to represent me. The MAH are fully aware of what took place in the Township of North Frontenac, Ontario. This is our Responsible Government working for you.

March 5/13

I have now received almost all the information I have been asking for I just have one more document coming and then I will begin to complete the events.
If anything it is mind boggling and just unbelievable.











Next Page

These are the Links

Youtube
Facebook
Jeanine's Memorial






1 comment:

  1. Nice blog, really I impress for your blog. I got more information about Dust suppressant . This type of Dust suppressant are very benefical for all drivers.

    ReplyDelete